There are new business terms that pop up every day! If you want to be a successful and smart entrepreneur here are the new business terms you should know!
Understanding business terms can greatly affect your company. Have you ever been in a business meeting and the potential client says a word and you found yourself confused and you are wondering what they are actually talking about?
Don’t worry, you are not the only one. There are new business terms that pop up every single day. You need to keep up with these new modern business-related terms if you want to be known as a successful and smart entrepreneur.
We’ve come up with the 10 most important and need-to-know new business terms. Whether or not you will using them, it is up to you. It is good to know them and understand their meaning if you don’t want to look confused anymore.
- Light-bulb moment – Have you ever had a light-bulb moment? What a light-bulb moment even means? It is a moment of a sudden inspiration, enlightenment or realization.
- Retweet – You probably know the popular social media network Twitter. Retweet means to forward a message or to repost a tweet posted by someone else (another user). A forwarded or a reposted message on Twitter is a retweet. If your posts are retweeted constantly, that is a good thing, it means you and your business are popular on Twitter.
- Cyberbullying – The utilization of electronic communication to intimidate or to bully a certain individual, usually by sending messages of a threatening or intimidating nature. If someone won’t stop harassing your company over Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, he is a cyberbully and you need to do something about it.
- Cross-functional – Relating to a specific system whereby individuals from various areas of a business company work together as a group or a team. If you want to increase the productivity of your business, you will need to make sure your employees work on their cross-functional capabilities.
- Geolocation – The process, technique or method of determining the location of a device or a person by means of digital information or details processed online.
- Webisode – This term is used for an advertisement, a short film or an episode of a TV series created for online viewing. It is a combination of episode and web.
- Contractionary – An adjective that explains the relating or causing the contraction of the economy in one country. For example, this awful contractionary economy has prevented my business growth or exposure this year.
- Textspeak – A language regarded as features or characteristics of text messages which is usually consisting of initials, abbreviations, emotions, and etc.
- Bajillion – A term used to explain an extremely large number. So, if you have a lot of things you need to do, you can always say I have bajillion things on my mind I should do. It is a great expression.
- Denialist – An individual who refuses to accept or admit the truth of a proposition or a concept that is supported by the majority of people including historical and scientific evidence is known as a denialist.
Do you know some new business terms you can share with us? You probably have heard a few words on a business meeting and you didn’t know their meaning. Write them down and research their meaning later.
Adding new business terms you should know in your vocabulary is always welcoming. By being familiar with these words and understanding their meaning you will be able to grow and develop your business as a successful and smart entrepreneur.